Sunday, September 28, 2008

In Kiev

Nicely done David :-) I am thrilled to have found this new internet cafe, it appears to not be on dial-up as the first ones I tried! Garrett is doing great - going with the flow and without complaints. He went for a pony ride yesterday and thought that was a blast! He has a clear affection for animals (even the pigeons - yuck!) just like his sister. I have no fear that he will take to the zoo we have at the house just fine!

Kiev is much easier to get around in then Kremenchuk. Nearly everyone speaks fairly good english and if they dont there is someone standing in line with you that does. Although I lost my phone charger and ran out of minutes as soon as I bought a new charger! I seem to have busted the PC battery charger as well (aren't I on a good roll!) and am on the hunt today to find one. I would love to watch an English movie after Garrett falls asleep tonight!

Thanks everyone for all your prayers. In case you have not heard, we will be home Tuesday evening if all goes as planned....... Plan now that is an interesting work that I do believe the Ukraine adoption community has never heard before!

6 comments:

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Congratulations on getting this far! You're almost home now:) The visa part is the shortest part of the process.

June

Anonymous said...

Hi Monica - so glad to hear everything is going so well. Good luck on your return travel. I know you have planned well for it!
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!!! YAHOOO!!! YIPPEE!!! Simply amazing! What a blessing that G is going to fit in so nicely with the rest of the family's love of creatures ;-) We will let you get settled before we call and arrange a visit! We love you and will be praying for your safe arrival home!
Love you guys...
Laurie, Sam and Dale

ArtworkByRuth said...

If you are downtown in Kyiv, there is a four story department store two blocks south of independence square on Kreshatuck that has an electronics department and staff that speak English. That is where I found digital batteries for my camera...Glad things are going well for you!

Unknown said...

Hope you and your SON (did you ever think you'd be saying that)have a safe trip home. He is so darn cute Monica. I hope we all get to meet him in person. I know Alley has to be so excited that you are on your way home. Good Luck to you all ! !
Renee

junglemama said...

Monica, this is awesome news! Congrats again.