Wednesday, September 24, 2008

We are in Kremenchuk

Vanya and I are safely in Kremenchuk. We are staying in the same apartment that David and I stayed in on our first visit. It has been nice how repeatative this trip has been so far (I was a bit hesitant going solo) all 3 of my flights took off from the exact same gate as on our first trip! Of course the same taxi driver picked me up at the airport (Sasha is the nicest driver in all of Kiev!) and now to be back in the same apartment -- it gives me great comfort to be amidst the familiar.

The passport director has said that the passport will probably be ready (in Poltova about 90 mins from here) TOMORROW! Probably of course means maybe not tomorrow -- but I am hopeful:-) If the passport is ready tomorrow, we will pick Garrett up from the orphanage in the morning, drive to Poltova to pick up the passport, and drive back to Kiev.

Then we will hit the US Embassy first thing Friday morning - they have done same day visas before (usually it is a 24hr turnaround). Currently our return flights are for Monday morning so it would be great to get his visa on Friday -- but again another probably.

So for now we will wait and see!!!! Can't wait to see Garrett in the morning!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping me in the loop! You have turned me into an Ukrainian blog addict. Jewell is in Portland,OR on business but got to have dinner with our oldest. Soon you can say thing like " our oldest" , and "our youngest". What fun. Love, Rosie

Anonymous said...

Oh, we are still praying! I will be so happy for you to get him here once and for all!
Sending lots of love and prayers your way,
Carol & Wes

ArtworkByRuth said...

So glad you have landed safely! Praying for a quick turn around!

... said...

One step closer! It is an amazing feeling when you hit the U.S. Consulate - the home stretch. Mike is the nicest man to work with there!

Following you home!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Once again...I look forward to hearing how God opened the doors and moved things along in His time. Many are praying for you and looking forward to your return! I know you said probably...but so far, everything has been quicker than expected..Go God!
Still in prayer for you my dear sister in Christ...Laurie, Dale and Samuel

Courtney said...

Yea yea yea!!! :) :)

Tami said...

YEA! Sounds like its going smoothly! The embassy people are incredibly helpful. I will be surprised if you're not able to get the visa the same day. I wasn't able to make it to the embassy until 11 a.m. on Friday because the medical appointment took so long. They turned it around in 45 minutes for me. AMAZING. They kept laughing at how suprised I was at how fast they finished. I was absolutely convinced we had missed something. After experiencing all of the headaches and waiting of adopting in Ukraine, it felt so good to be 'taken care of' by the embassy staff.

Anonymous said...

I'm so very happy for you guys! I've kept you in my prayers! God Bless you!!
Audrie & John

Anonymous said...

I have emailed you but I want to blog you, also, just in case you're not getting your emails. Aunt B is doing better but it's going to be a long road to recovery. Still keep her in your prayers. D has been keeping us up on your days over there. What about the Ped. appt., did you change that? Really glad things were familiar to you when you arrived. Give G a very big hug from his grandparents. Love you and G very much, Mom and Dad xo xo