Saturday, August 30, 2008

Not exactly what I had in mind

"D" said I am addicted to blogging :-) So earlier I made the mistake of complaining about being bored. Well now I been presented with a constant pain in my tummy to entertain me. Probably just a touch of icky food but I went ahead and started the travelers antibotic the doc gave me - just in case.

"D" has also been blessed with a sinus infection. He of course in all his bravery refuses to take any medication. I pity him on the plane if he does not get rid of this ailment before Saturday.

That is right, "D" and I (no little man can not come home yet) are flying home on Saturday the 6th. I will then fly back myself to pick up "G" about a week or so later.

Our court is on Wed. We will have a little bit of paperchasing afterwards (for other PAPs --- "D" has to sign the application for his new birthcertificate in advance at the local registrar. Then "D" must also go to Kiev to sign in advance for the USEmbassy papers -- I think the main one is stating that he understands our little mans medical condition but I am not really sure).

After much deliberation we decided it best for us both to come home. We have been left here to go it alone for too long without our facilitators that neither of us feel comfortable in me staying here alone for 13 days.

Plus we miss "A" so much. We know that "G" is not going to understand any of this but we are hoping that his caregivers will help to ease the transition. They have been so kind and supportive up to now that we have no reason to think they will not be there for him in our absense.

We had to skip our afternoon visit due to my tummy and a major thunderstorm. So we (I) spent the time making a mark-off calendar (kinda like an advent calendar) for our little man to count down the days until I return.

See ya soon :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have any of Little Man's 9 group mates ( or children in other groups) had prospective parents visit them while you and David have been there ?

Dad M sends from AZ

ArtworkByRuth said...

Sorry to hear you are both fighting illness! Praying for you to be healthy and court painless! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Each day you are in our thoughts - so happy for decision to come home together. That bothered me a lot that Monica was going to be there alone.
He is ABSOLUTELY darling!!!
Aunt B and Uncle B